Tuesday, February 1, 2022

Lake Michigan. February 1, 2022


February 1, 2022. 7:27 am. Around 25° with no wind.

Sunrise was around 7:05 this morning and I got to the lake about that time. I went directly to the highest point on the beach which usually forms just north of where the old Wilmette Pier used to be. It might be 12-15 feet high. In the past ice volcanoes have formed here but the ice has continued to freeze a bit further out. The edge of the ice is probably another 50' from this formation which is hard to tell as the 20mm lens I used seems to blend the depth together. The exposure was 13 seconds but the water was hardly moving. I was hoping for some blurred wave action.

The temperature went up to 40° this afternoon and I hope the melting isn't too severe. Another 4" of snow is predicted so what happens to the ice texture is unknown right now. I'm now sure how much time I will have to keep shooting with whatever the winter has left this year.

No comments: