Sunday, February 6, 2022

Lake Michigan. February 6, 2022


 February 6, 2022. 6:51am. Around 20°

Same general spot as the last entry, but a little earlier and the tripod was set a little higher. I was surprised to see how much the ice continued to build up in the last few days. The mound to the right is probably 15-20 feet high and the waves that piled up the ice would have been pretty strong. I probably won't make it back until Thursday and there will be two days above freezing so some of this might be falling back into the lake. I'd like to see this continue into next month. There was a guy sitting on the other side of this ice formation waiting for the sunrise with his camera and tripod.

No ND filter as the water was almost still. I am not sure how I will process this image as I realize that these are not documents. The camera did freeze up twice and I had to turn off the camera, remove the battery and start up again.

No comments: